Sunday 24 June 2012

Weigh-in Time!

Not done at all well this week, but that's not surprising as I have had a very naughty few foodie days which have included pizza, chinese take-away, wine, chocolate and a Maccy D!!!!

Was in work on Thursday for the day and very pooped by the end of it - we have so much work on at the moment.  I opted out of cooking and we got a chinese take-away. I have to say it was soooo nice.

Friday we went over to Manchester to see Bruce Springsteen play and managed to grab a very, very quick MacDonalds  on the way there.  Not sure it did the digestion any good wolfing it down in the take-away car park but we needed something to keep our energy up.

It was a wonderful gig.  Mind you, Simon and I were almost divorced three times before we even got there.  The traffic was horrendous so Simon flung a map at me and between us we decided on a back-street route away from the traffic.  But man, if you are gonna ask someone to navigate, please listen to them - don't go shooting of down right hand turns that take you further away from where you want to be.

We got there about 10 minutes before Bruce and the band took the stage, and managed to locate Rue and Liz who had found us a nice little spot to watch the show from. Despite the rain having been coming down in stair-rods all day, it stopped just as the show started - thank goodness.

Highlights of the show for me were No Surrender, Land of Hope and Dreams and Tenth Avenue Freeze Out.  Some of my faves there - loved every minute of it.

So back to the diet - this morning I weighed in at 11st 13 and a half - so really not lost anything.  Pleased to say that the next three weeks I am back into a proper work routine so it should make it a lot easier to plan ahead.  I doubt I will achieve my goal of dropping another 5lb in the next 6 days - it's possible, but so long as I am good and loose something this week, I'm not too bothered.  I'm still heading (creeping!!) in the right direction and that is good enough for me for now.

So, the healthy eating thing?  It something would be hard for me to sustain long term I think, although I am planning on doing it whenever I can, but not feeling guilty if I have the odd take-away or cake.  The biggest thing is finding meals that I like, and am happy to eat more than once!!  I will stick with the rice milk, and keep trying to incorporate more raw fruit and veg into my diet thought. 

The biggest thing is that I have definitely felt better when I've had a few days of fresh, unprocessed food, and then become sluggish when I revert back to the junk food.  It's quite shocking the difference it makes actually.  I feel more alert, less tired, happier and my digestive system doesn't feel so clogged up - and really, that is a huge endorsement for trying to continue to make some changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment