Monday 18 June 2012


Back to the food then. Last night we ended up in Yankees for tea - I had a beer and a re-fried bean enchilada but passed on the chips and salad. It's telling that I have cut down on quantities this week as I was struggling to finish the enchilada and we all passed on pudding. 

However, very naughty ice-cream was bought on the way home from the cinema so I did indulge in a bowl full of that. I could feel the calories clinging to my hips!! 

So Monday and one day to be good. 

One more thing I made on Saturday was a huge quantity of mushroom soup. I've frozen 4 portions which will do for work next week and had one in the fridge which I have had for lunch today. Here's the recipe: 



Mushroom Soup

Ingredients:

3 cups of mushrooms
3 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp tamari
Juice of 1 fresh lemon
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp honey
3 tbsp almond butter
handful of cashew nuts
2 cups of mineral water or coconut milk (I used coconut milk for a creamier finish)

Cut up the mushrooms andmarinate in the olive oil and tamari for 2 - 4 hours.
Blend the mushrooms and the remaining ingredients - you might want to experient with the water/coconut milk to get the thickness you like, so just add half at first and take it from there.

Can be served warm or cold - I had it warm.

Verdict

It was nice - the consistency was good, but it tasted a little strong for me. I did put in more tamari than the recipe asked for and I think that was a mistake. 


No comments:

Post a Comment