Monday 11 June 2012

Warning!

The next lot of posts will probably just be about what I've been eating. It's a way to encourage myself to keep up with the new eating regime and as a recipe reminder for future meals and stuff. I aim to be honest about any slip ups or treats and will document my energy levels/mood to see if what I eat makes a difference to those.

Well, day one went well yesterday - today was ok, although as it was the last day of our course, Gillian, our wonderful tutor brought in Oat and Raisin Cookies for us all. They were yummy and yes, I had two.

So today's oral intake was: Cornflakes with soya milk for breakfast Mid morning: Oat and Raisin Cookie courtesy Gillian - apart from the sugar - the rest of the ingredients are pretty good, so I'm not too worried about that. And they were scrummy.

Lunch: Cous Cous salad with red pepper, tomato, grated carrotts, grated courgettes, shelled hemp seeds, sliced almonds and apple. I have to say the apple really made the salad, it would have been a bit tasteless without it. Same again tomorrow, I think I can tolerate that although I wouldn't want to eat it every day.

I had a banana for pudding and was really full afterwards, without feeling uncomfortable or bloated.

Mid afternoon: My 2nd cookie!!

Ate tea around 7.00pm although I wasn't particularly hungry - which is quite amazing for me - but cooked half a pack of fresh rice noodles with some mange tout, runner beans, mushrooms and loads of soy sauce.

Have drank about 4 bottles of water throughtout the day as well and snacked on a bowl of cherries I have had sitting in the kitchen. I was quite tired when I got back from the course, but it's the last one and I think nerves are starting to kick in for all of us. Had a 2 hour nap before tea, but feel refreshed and good to go now. Hope I can sleep tonight!!

1 comment:

  1. The cottage pie looks so good. I find sweet potatoes are quite filling and fulfills the sweet cravings. Well done!

    ReplyDelete