Wednesday 13 June 2012

So last night Becky arrived home from her friends house around 9pm with a bag of Doritos, pot of salsa and some jalapeno peppers. I didn't eat very many of them. Honestly!!!

So Wednesday:

Breakkie the usual cornflakes but with rice milk this time.  It's much nicer than soy milk and surprisingly sweet.  It took me back to the days when I used to put sugar on my cereal.  Definitely the way to go.

A banana mid morning perked me up and as I didnt get round to making any lunch last night, I bought an egg & mayo sarnie from the shop on the way into work for my lunch.   First dairy product this week.  It was lovely.

Tea was pasta bows with broccoli and mushrooms and I was good and cooked the broccoli for 10 mins less than I usually would so it wasnt all limp and pathetic.

Had a couple of glasses of Ribena at work and a glass of water at home.  Not working tomorrow so I've got a bottle of wine chilling in the fridge and will have a glass after I've done a bit of studying tonight.  I learned the hard way on Sunday by having wine with my tea and consequently couldn't be arsed to do my homework which was meant to be in on Monday. I scraped through though.  Still,  I'll leave the wine as my reward for after my revision tonight.

Becky wants to bake and so has gone off to the shop to buy some ingredients for chocolate brownies. This is what I am up against - temptation once again!  I'll let you know tomorrow whether I succumb or not.

Been feeling really tired the last couple of days, but I always do when I work full days, so I don't think its diet related.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ * ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other news - Jenny has an interview in London tomorrow for a summer internship with a computer gaming company.  She's already whizzed through a 45 min phone interview and passed a coding assignment they set her so they want to see her in person. Fingers crossed - this is what she wants to do when she leaves Uni so would be fantastic experience for her.  

Becky starts Uni next year and it is now Open-Day season.  So she's compiling a list of places that she wants to go look at.  She says she doesn't want to venture too far and Sheffield is top of her list, followed by Leeds, Manchester and Nottingham.  We'll be having a few day trips in the next month or so then so check them all out.  Although she really wants to go to Sheffield, she doesn't want to live at home and commute in (we're about 7 miles away from the university) and I think it will do her the world of good to do the shared house thing with some friends.  She's close enough for us to be able to see her at the drop of a hat if needs be (and bring her washing home no doubt!!) but far enough away that it won't feel like we are breathing down her neck all of the time.  

It's strange to think that in just over a year both of my girls will be living away for the majority of the year - the house will be so quiet.  And tidy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment