Sunday 17 June 2012

The Scores on the Doors

This is where the rubber hits the road.  Last Sunday I weighed in at 12st 1lb.  This morning the scales say 11st 13.5lb.  

I did hope to lose more than 1 and a half pounds this week, but on balance I have eaten out a couple of times and had wine and chocolate, so I'm happy that I have lost something and am into the 11's rather than the 12's.  I hope I don't stay there too long though.

So the coming week is probably going to be more of the same. It's Father's Day and we are going out for tea and I have a day and a half in London with Jenny this week, so it will be a case of eat whatever is available.  Hopefully with a big push towards the end of this next week, I can lose a bit more.

Overall, I feel better for the change in diet.  Definitely more alert and less tired than I usually am with more energy.  I only remember feeling properly hungry once this week which was in the evening after the Nandos lunch  - so that is all good too.

Breakfast today was cornflakes and rice milk with some fresh grapes and blueberries.  Lunch shall be half a stuffed pepper and one of my spinach and ricotta tartlettes that I made yesterday.  Here's the recipe:

A little well done in places but it didn't affect the taste
The following makes 4 tartlettes:

6oz fresh spinach
1/4 cup of ricotta cheese
1/4 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
1 large egg - beaten
1/2 clove of garlic
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper






Finely chop the spinach and put into a medium bowl.

Add the ricotta, parmesan, egg, garlic, salt and pepper and stir well to combine.

Coat 4 cups of a muffin pan with cooking spray. Divide the spinach mixture amongst the cups (they will be very full).

Bake the cakes at 180 degrees for about 20 mins.

Remove from oven and let them stand in the pan for 5 minutes. Loosen the edges with a knife and turn onto a plate.  Serve warm sprinkled with more parmesan if desired.

The stuffed pepper has cous cous, mushrooms, tomatoes and cucumber.  I made 2 yesterday, along with some mushroom soup and all the other stuff I mentioned - it was a bit of a culinary afternoon!  I'll post the mushroom soup recipe tomorrow!

~~~~~~~~~~~~ * ~~~~~~~~~~~

We're off to see a documentary about John Cooper Clarke at the Showroom Cinema in Sheffield tonight.  It's a father's day surprise for Simon.  He was just saying a couple of weeks ago how he had never been to that particular cinema before and lo and behold we now have the chance.  Looking forward to it.  Then we're hoping to go to Yankees on Ecclesall Road for tea afterwards, it's been a favourite place of his down the years.  They don't take bookings at weekends, so hopefully we can get it.  As the name suggests its an American diner type place serving predominantly burgers.  

Until then the rest of the day will be spent studying for my AMSPAR exam on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment