Friday 29 June 2012

More Sweet Stuff ...

Not sure what I would call this, it's a recipe I picked up from a raw food subscription - Cocoa Nuts maybe?


Ingredients

I.5 cups mixed nuts (I used cashew nuts and some almonds and walnuts I already had in the cupboard, but any sort will do)
1/4 tsp cinammon
Half cup of raw cocoa powder
4 tbs agave nectar
Half tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp shredded coconut
1 cup dates (or you can use sultanas or raisins if you prefer)
Handful of dried sour cherries (optional - Jenny saw these in the shop so we thought we would add some in)


How To:

Put the nuts and cinammon into a food processor until they are ground.

Add cocoa powder, coconut, agave nectar and vanilla and whizz up briefly.

Add the dates and process until the mixture starts to stick together.

Remove and put on a tray and press down.  Put in the fridge overnight to 'set' - then cut into bite size squares.  Store in a box and eat as required.


I've varied wildly in quantities from the original recipe - I tried to mostly halve the quantities  but found that I needed to put in more dates and agave nectar.  Mine turned out very nutty, with just a hint of chocolate so maybe in future I would put in a tad more cocoa powder, but otherwise I was really pleased with it

They're quite dense and filling so you really don't need a very big serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment