Monday 28 March 2011

Monday

Well things are progressing apace with the bathroom. The plasterer was due to come on Wednesday, but as the outside wall is a little dodgy, Simon wants to remortar it up, so plasterer is coming on Monday instead.

The toilet, sink and bath were all dispatched to the tip at the weekend.  I had my last bath on Saturday night.  It's only Monday and already I'm craving my lovely bubbly water.  It's gonna be at least a month (likely longer) before I get the chance to have another one.

Still it will be worth it.  Tiles have been picked.  Mainly large white ones with some gorgeous, deep blue, small glass tiles - which will create a long vertical mosaic-ish panel on the wall where the bath goes, and another panel echoed on the opposite wall. Now that we don't have a cat that wees and poos everywhere, the laminate flooring is going.  I hate it in the bathroom.  Makes the room so cold.  A nice navy blue or deep teal carpet would look lovely in there.  Oh and we still need to choose our bath, toilet, sink and radiator.



On the 'other' front - I'm feeling much better today. I'm not sure there would be much benefit to me having another week off work despite being signed off so I will see how I am tomorrow and probably take myself back to work on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment