Friday 18 March 2011

Life After Facebook! Day 1

I've got back into bad habits and found myself sitting on Facebook night after night.  I'm getting bored of my own status updates, so goodness knows how everyone else must feel, suffering the endless posts by yours truly.  Anyway, I still need an outlet, so I thought I would document what I've been doing instead of frequenting the social network that we can't live without.

So day one - went ok.  Disabling my account was definitely the way to go though, rather than just not going on the page - the number of times I 'accidentally' clicked the FB link on my drop-down menu is unbelievable, and it would have taken me straight there if I hadn't deactivated.

I arrived at work in the morning and within half an hour had two texts from folks expressing their concern -which was very lovely, although a little sooner than I would have anticipated as I'd only just deactivated the night before.   Still it's nice to know I've been missed so quickly!

So - mornings are easy, as I'm at work and FB is banned (thank goodness).  The afternoon was taken up with a flying visit to Tesco's.  I found out yesterday that we are having a photography exhibition at work on Friday and one of the girls suggested that I submit a few photos.  Mad panic ensued.  Yesterday I decided which photos to have done, and today it was zip along to Tescos to get them printed.  I had to be back in Dronfield for 1.30 to have my eyebrows done so there wasn't much time to throw down some cheese on toast before I was out of the door again.

On our recent trip to London I'd bought a National Trust jigsaw so decided that rather than let it sit gathering dust for months, that could be my first non-Facebook task.  It took me about 3 hours and I was left with 3 spaces and 3 pieces that just didn't fit. (The three threes clash!). Honestly, I looked and looked to see where I had gone wrong, but everything seemed to be in the right place.  So I called in reinforcements and within about 30 seconds Simon had identified the rogue pieces and put it right. I need to pay closer attention to detail.

Here's the completed thing.



Well - that was the afternoon sorted and I still had the whole of the evening to go and was seriously starting to feel the withdrawal symptoms.  Time to do some clearing out I think.  I've had piles and piles of books in my bedroom, awaiting the construction of our new bookshelves (yet to be done) so decided to have a sort through of 'read', 'not read but going to' and 'half read and never gonna get finished so might as well donate them to a good cause'.  I tidied out the top of one of my wardrobes and stacked up all the books I'm keeping.  Out of the wardrobe came a load of smellies, shower gel, bath salts that sort of thing, that had been stockpiled and got forgotten about, so they now live in the bathroom where they should actually get used.
Now that the books had moved I could actually get to my dressing table to tidy the rest of that up.  It's all looking very spick and span and I always feel better when I start to get the house organised.

 
Some of the 'keepers'


 
 I can actually see the surface now!


Next up was bath time and catching up on reading my music Mags. A wonderful article about Woody Guthrie in The Word inspired me to order another book: '33 Revolutions Per Minute' and also a cd 'The Little Red Box of Protest Songs' - really looking forward them arriving.

I've been waking up so, so tired every morning for the past few weeks so decided to have an early night.  9.30 in bed with half an hour of crossword puzzling before I went to sleep, and there we go, I have survived Day One!

No comments:

Post a Comment