Friday 18 March 2011

Life After Facebook. Day 2!

Well, that early night did me some good, I actually felt better getting up this morning, so that's a good start.

Not such good news when I arrived at work to find an email about the photography exhibition. I'd been told it was for 'interesting and quirky' photos, so decided rather than go for some of my better quality snaps, I would submit some of my 'I believe in Love' pictures - not the best technically but there was a bit of a theme which I thought would be interesting.  Well the email informed me of this wonderful photography event, which included  national and internationally renowned photographers who worked at the hospital and there would be stunning photos of landscapes, flowers and the likes.  I was beginning to have serious doubts about my suitability to exhibit - but decided to wander over to the Education Centre anyway, see what the other exhibits were, then make a decision based on that.  Unfortunately none of the displays had gone up yet and I was reassured by the receptionist that mine would be ok. That was just before she told me about the guy who has an observatory in his back garden and would be exhibiting pictures of the Milky Way!  Ha ha! Oh God.  In for a penny, in for a pound.

After knocking off at lunch time I wandered over to see the exhibition in all of it's glory.  At least there wouldn't be anyone I knew there, all my workmates had either gone to a meeting or were covering the office.  WRONG!!!  As soon as I walked in there were two of the higher admin bosses who spotted me straight away.  Fortunately they hadn't seen my photos yet - neither had I, and as I went from room to room I was beginning to think the organisers had deemed my humble shots, as not good enough.  I deliberately went the opposite way around the exhibition room to my bosses - to avoid the inevitable embarrassing comments - but somehow we ended up in the last room together, right in front of my pics.  They were very complimentary and said they made  a refreshing change to the other photos there, but I think they were just being nice.







So, homeward bound to the news that my pal Doug.ie was indeed a father again.   Welcome Sean Matthews, born on St Patricks Day - in Ireland to Irish parents - how cool is that? 

Still feeling the withdrawal symptoms especially after the above news, but posted a message on the Wasting Land forum and went off to do something constructive.   Cleaned both bathrooms, put some washing in and the tackled another of my wardrobes.  This one has a load of craft boxes at the bottom of it which needed a good sort out so I did that, then set about trying to make a card for the new baby.  Some days I get more inspired than others when it comes to card making.  I was fairly inspired today for the design, but try as I might I couldn't cut anything straight.  I used the cutting mat with all the markers on it to line everything up, but it just wasn't working, so I gave it up as a bad job.

Great news - we have Jenny home tonight.  Simon is heading off to Cambridge about 2.30 to go pick her up so they should be back around 8.00pm.  I had a quick dust of her bedroom so it's all nice for her, and ordered a curry for them to pick up on the way home.  Can't wait to have her home -six whole weeks - how wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment