Sunday 20 March 2011

Day 4 (Demolition Day)

Last night I started re-reading 'The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari', which I thought might give me a good sense of perspective.  Well last night it did, but I woke up this morning very disgruntled with everything.  Now that my focus is off the internet, it's on to other things, like the jobs that need doing in the house.  I know we've been otherwise occupied but I started feeling really frustrated that some things seem to have ground to a halt again.

Grumble, grumble, grumble. I wasn't sure how much of this was due to internet withdrawal symptoms, so I had a quick 10 mins on Facebook, but that didn't actually make me feel any better, so I decided that I needed a good talking to. After a bit of taking stock, I decided rather than grumble about it and find fault, that I would make in-roads into the first job (which we really should have had done and dusted by now). I guess  Mr Monk had finally rubbed off.

When we moved into the house, the bathroom was really nice, and fully tiled, so over the years there's really only been a lick of paint every couple of years that was needed,  However, that was 26 years ago, and  it's been looking very worse for wear in recent years.  It was top of our To Do list made at Christmas, but nothing has been moving so far.  So I decided to knock 7 bells out of it this morning. :-). It wasn't what I had originally planned to do today, which was food shopping and ironing, but I have to say,  it was good to get rid some of my disgruntledness on the tiles.  The plasterer has been phoned, and this week we'll sort out some new tiles and a suite. So there you go, marital crisis averted with the help of a claw hammer and chisel and a hell of a lot of dust.  And something constructive well under way.



No comments:

Post a Comment