Tuesday 28 June 2011

Things to Make and Do

We have a fabulous shop just around the corner from where I live.  It's a bit of an Aladdins Cave of all sorts of bits and pieces.  Upstairs they have a section of old stock and odds and ends that are being sold off really cheap.  I don't go to the shop very often but when I do I usually find something interesting that I can put aside for a rainy day project.

A few years back I bought these, and discovered them again on sorting out my craft cupboard recently.



I haven't decided what exactly I'm going to do with them yet.  The frames will certainly get a lick of paint and the shells are definitely going!  For the inserts I could hunt through my photos and see if there is anything suitable.  Or I might do some minature free-style embroidery pieces, maybe using metallic thread and some beads.  Or some mini quilting designs.  I could do some letters  or some lino prints?  I bought some lino printing equipment a while back which I've not used yet that might be an idea.  Hearts!  I could have a heart theme perhaps.  Not sure whether to have the same theme across the three boards, or just have three totally different styles.

Looking forward to getting stuck into doing something with them anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment