Monday 27 June 2011

Odds and Sods

Bathroom update.  We have chosen a bath!  There's no point ordering it until we come back from the States though, so it's still going to be a while before the room is finished, but I feel like some progress is being made at long last.   Two walls tiled now bar the bits that need to be cut, but again, any movement forward is progress.

I had a small disaster with the embroidery that I finished last week.  Despite following the washing instructions very carefully, the brown thread has run leaving stains on the white.  The worse of these is on the border under the foxes.  There's not many suggestions on the internet for how to deal with this happening, the most helpful being 'stitch over it with something else' but that would completely ruin the picture.  I've tried a toothbrush with some mild detergent on it to no avail, and a white marker pencil, which hasn't helped much either.  My last resort is to stitch over it with plain white stitches I think and hope it doesn't look odd. It will probably work ok in the picture bit but not sure abou the border. It has to be better than nothing though.  I haven't got the heart to do it at the moment, I'm a bit pissed off with it all really, I was just so pleased to get it finished, but I'm sure I will feel a bit more positive about it in a few days.

Lastly, and most importantly of all, we have a full house again.  Jenny is home - woo hoo and Becky officially finished her last exam this morning and is currently sunbathing in the garden.   Hopefully recent tensions will disappear now that the exams are done and everyone can chill out a bit more and have a bit of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment