Sunday 19 June 2011

Fathers' Day

This goes out to all the Dads I know!

Firstly to Simon who has been, and remains, a fantastic father to Jenny and Becky.  20 years of love, laughter, tears and frustration - but worth every minute. 

6 years ago yesterday, I arrived in Newcastle a little later than planned, to give my sisters some relief from looking after my Dad.  I was going to spend a couple of nights there, but I arrived to the news that he had passed away during the night.  The following day was Fathers' Day and I had made him a little book full of photos of memories of him over the years.  I wasn't able to give it to him, but here's some of the photos that I included in the book.

My Dad as a boy
My Dad the pin-up!

Working for the Co-op

Taken at Leazes Park Road

Dad and Mam's Wedding Day - Dad, Mam, Aunty Ron, Uncle John
Dad in Belgium

Dad with Jenny and Michael
Sylvia's 18th

At Dad's house. Lilian, Dad, Me, Aunty Esther, Uncle Jack, Sylvia
Jenny and Becky front




Whilst I don't want this to be a morbid post, sometimes it's good to just take a moment.  Yesterday was also 6 months since Sylvia died.  There's so many things I wish my parents could have see, Simon, the girls, school plays, birthdays etc and there's not a day goes by that I don't think about Sylvia.





4 comments:

  1. What an absolutely lovely post Pauline. Fantastic pics. You all look so much alike. I love the one of your parent's Wedding day.
    The absence seems to amplify on these significant days, but I try to also think of them as a day of remembrance to celebrate the lives that we were Blessed to share.
    My thoughts are with you and Eileen today. xx and Happy Father's Day to Simon.

    ReplyDelete