Wednesday 27 April 2011

Decisions

I usually avoid going public with the negative stuff, but as I'm not sure there's actually anyone who reads this, and in the interests of appearing a more balanced person here goes.

It's not been a good week.  After the trip to Spain, we took Jenny back down to Uni on Monday and then I sort of plummeted.  Despite having kept on going to work all the way through Sylvia's illness last year, and the past few months since she passed away, I've been finding it increasingly difficult.  I've been trying to push it down and just cope but I've just got to the point where I can't deal with another cancer notification letter first thing in the morning, or just be in the department that deals with that sort of thing.

Today was particularly difficult at work. I already had an HR meeting booked, which was fine, and once we'd got the procedure of my recent absences out of the way, we spent more time talking about what could be done to help me get through my difficulties.

So I've got 4 options.


1.  Get signed off sick.
2.  Take a month's unpaid leave
3.  Take a career break for a few months
4.  Leave and try to find another job


I've got a few days off as its a long bank holiday weekend to have a think and decide what would be best.  I have loved my job over the past few years - it was just what I needed after my Dad died, got me back on track and helped me to feel that I was making a small contribution to something worthwhile again.  My team are great, and the girls have been so supportive.  But at the moment, mentally, I just can't cope with being there.

No comments:

Post a Comment