Wednesday 6 April 2011

Here we go again - wish me luck!

I've decided to have another push on the Tesco Diet thingywotsit.  Around May last year I was getting awful upper abdominal pains, and the doctor thought I might have a hiatal hernia.  He said that the best way to control it was to lose a bit of weight which I did and it's been fine for the most part.  I lost a stone - but have put about 5lb back on and I'm starting to get the discomfort again.  So it's time to lose more weight.

I thought about signing back up with Tesco's - they have an offer on at the moment £30 for 6 months, which really is a great bargain. But as I have all my weekly menu plans, and as that's the main thing I use - I should be able to just follow those and see how we get on.

So, shopping list made and it's off to Tesco's we go.

It really is a great system though.  You put in the sort of diet plan you want  i.e. Vegetarian (like me), Light Bites, etc., whether you want to have all ready made meals, make your own or a combination of both (I went for a combination of both).  You can put in whether you want to include some alcohol, and how many  drinks per week.  It then calculates how many calories per day you're allowed (1300 here) - and then generates a week of menus.  You can change any meal on the menu from an extensive drop down list, and there is always a great choice.  There's also a daily snack, and I found last time that the portions are usually pretty generous so I didn't ever go hungy.  Save your plan then click another button and it brings up a shopping list.  Tick off the things you dont already have in the cupboard and you have your final list.  You don't have to shop at Tesco's either.  There's a drop down list of different supermarkets to choose from.

I love it.  I'm doing it for the next couple of weeks until we go on holiday, then will resume it when we get back.  I'll let you know how I get on and hopefully I can get the hernia (if that is indeed what it is) under control again.

No comments:

Post a Comment