Sunday 17 April 2011

Sunday 17th April

We were all pretty exhausted from work/uni/school/life in general and it was around 1pm before we all surfaced from our respective beds.  Croissants for breakfast then straight into bikini to get a bit of sun on the top deck.  Whilst the sun was definitely blazing the wind was also blowing a gale and I ended up with a very burnt tummy, shoulders and chest.  The next 3 days would be spent well covered up with lots of eeks and ouches.

Apart from doing a bit of reading and drinking we didn't venture very far.



My choice of holiday reads were The Second Coming - John Niven, Tom Holt's 'Snow White and the Seven Sumari and a Jasper Fford book.  Whilst the Niven book looked really good I wasn't sure whether I would like it or not so the other 2 books had been pilfered from Jenny's book case as back ups.  As it turned out I really loved The Second Coming, and couldn't get into the other two books at all.

I ended up pinching a couple of books that Simon had brought and read.   John Grisham's 'Theodore Boone' is an easy read aimed at teens and Sam Bourne's 'The Last Testament', this was a little Dan Brown-ish, but a lot more believable. I thoroughly enjoyed both and would definitely recommend them.

No comments:

Post a Comment