Friday 8 April 2011

I think I'm going to sign up for the next stage of the OU course that I did this year.  It's more of the same of what I did before, but this bit will count towards a degree, should I decided to do one of those later on.  The course is called The Arts: Past and Present and the subjects covered are Reputations (studying Christopher Marlow's Dr Faustus and also the artist Paul Cezanne); Traditions and Dissent (Plato, the Reformation and the invention of tradition in Ireland); Cultural Encounters (The relationship between art and colonial history) and finally Place and Leisure (what is the meaning and history of leisure).

I've decided to send for the books on the reading list, whether I do the course or not they should be interesting in themselves and most of them arrived today.

So we have:

The Faber Book of Beasts (Paul Muldoon)
The Burial at Thebes (Seamus Heaney)
Dr Faustus (Christopher Marlowe)
A World of Difference (Lynda Prescott)
Bhaji on the Beach (DVD)

I really enjoyed my last courrse Making Sense of the Arts - it was quite varied and I learned so much from it and it would be really nice to build on that knowledge and take it a bit further.


~~~~~~ * ~~~~~~
 
 
The new eating regime has fallen at the first hurdle.  I treated myself and the girls to a Pizza Hut last night at Meadowhall - big fail there then.  Today hasn't been that much better either, having not stuck to my eating regime at all - and having just demolished a bar of Galaxy chocolate.  We'll try again tomorrow though.

No comments:

Post a Comment