Sunday 3 April 2011

It's been a funny old day.  Quite industrious considering I didn't get up until 11 or dressed until 1pm.  Once the girls had surfaced - they called me into the front room to give me a bunch of flowers and loads of Lush products for Mothers Day. 5 bath bombs and some of my favourite Miranda (as in Carmen) soap.  I can't use the bathbombs until the bathroom is finished but that's something to look forward to.



Simon's been banging away in the bathroom all day - removing the bricks under the window as the mortar was non existent. He's not quite finished, but should be before the plasterer comes on Wednesday (yes, it got put back again!).  Our plasterer is called Richard Scarlet and he always reminds me of Cluedo.  So on Wednesday it will be Mr Scarlet in the bathroom with a spanner (ok he's a plasterer and not a plumber, but allow me a little bit of artistic licence please!).

So, most of the washing went through the machine, and most of it got ironed this afternoon.  How industrious. We put some bagels in for lunch and I made fajitas for tea. I forgot to take the strawberry gateau out of the freezer in time to defrost, so we had that around 9pm.  My sink is shining, the bedding has been washed and the beds all made, and most of the house is pretty organised and I've instituted a new kitchen rule for us all to try. Instead of putting dirty pots on the benches, or worse still, other people leaving them in the living room/their bedrooms for me to clear - we're all responsible for our own pots now and they go straight in the dishwasher. We will see how long that one lasts :-)

You'd think having got to the age of 50, I would either have an ultra organised house, or have resigned myself to the fact that I hate housework so it gets done when it gets done.  But no - I'm still plugging away trying to be better. There's even an internet site dedicated to people such as me, and it is sooo good.  It's called FlyLady - solely for the purpose of encourage you to get organised by introducing one or two baby steps every few weeks until before you know it, you have a bit of a routine going.   I signed up to the site a couple of years ago and it helped a bit, but lost the regular mailings when I changed my email address. I've rediscovered them through a friend on Facebook and decided to give it another go.  So far so good.

Tomorrow I'm going back to work.  I have no idea how I am going to get up at 6.30 am after having been a slob for the past fortnight but I daresay I will.  I'm a bit nervous going back, but it's started to be counter productive being off so best bite the bullet and get on with it.




No comments:

Post a Comment