Thursday 3 November 2011

Derby

After promising myself that I would take it easy on my week off, well, it didn't happen.

I found myself off visiting Derby on Thursday afternoon (long story!) to be a bit of shopping and to take some photos of the Cathedral and city centre.




Simon was working in the office that afternoon, which is just 10 mins away from Derby center, so he picked me up around 4 and I had my first visit to the new office.  It's rather nice  and smack bang on top of Spondon Railway Station (I think it used to be one of the old station buildings).  Whiled away an hour or so there before he dropped me back at the Westfield Centre where I met up with Rue and Liz for a spot of tea.  It was so good to see them, it really has been too long between visits.

After a bite or two to eat at TGI Friday's we had fun on trying to nagivate Derby Town Centre in order to find the Flower Pot where Mike Peters was playing.  I was put in charge of the sat nav, but we had to abandon that as I am so shit at following those things.  Due to Rue's good driving sense, we did get there in the end though.

The gig was good and it was marvellous as always to meet up with Soda, Emma and Andy.  Set list was interesting and Mike played The Wasting Land, the name of the song our forum is taken from.  It's almost as if he knew some of us would be in attendance - lol.




No comments:

Post a Comment