Thursday 17 November 2011

Mezze !!

I'm so excited.  Tomorrow Simon and I are off to West Yorkshire for the weekend with the 'Stockport Lot'.   We've hired a barn conversion in Silsden, near Keighley for 2 nights.  Tomorrow night we're having a 'mezze' evening,where we all bring a selection of dishes to share,  so I have spent the best part of today either at the supermarket or in the kitchen whizzing things up in my blender and cooking.

Here's my offerings for the evening:


At the top we have peppers stuffed with couscous, chargilled cardoncelli mushrooms and halloumi cheese with chili.  I'll warm this through when we get there so the cheese melts and it can be served hot.  The meat at the side is lamb which is currently marinading in soy sayce, cumin and chilli and will also be cooked when we get there.  In the middle we have spicy pototoes - boiled new potatoes fried in garlic infused olive oil and some Cajus spices.  To the left, the green dish at the side is Chimichurri sauce - recipe courtesy of my friend Wooders - full of spring onions, green chilis and parsley, and it blows your socks off. The cream dish at the bottom is butterbean and cumin pate and is mmmmm, as is the other cream dish above it which is hummus, made to my friend Lily's recipe.   I'll take some carrotts, cucumber and celery to dip along with some breadsticks and crostini.  And lots of wine. And toothpaste!!


Folksy

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you've been busy Pauline.Im shopping in the morning for stuff to take.Got your email tonight thanks for replying .I was hoping to hear what others were taking so i could plan to take something different but looks like I'll be talking pot luck now.I'm sure we wont starve.Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow you can even bring simon even though he doesn't pass on emails Sally

    ReplyDelete