Monday 31 October 2011

Swallows and Stars

I've just finished another card commission! My brief was to make a wedding card to go with the theme of 'Stars and Swallows'. It took me a while and lots of searching for images before I found the perfect picture ... on a tattoo site! Yes, somebody somewhere is sporting the central image of my card as a tattoo - I hope they don't mind me pinching it!

I thought the image was sort of victorian so searched for ideas for victorian weddings cards. A lot of the results came up with lacey border effects, so I found some paper doily craft strips on ebay which have made the perfect backdrop to the image. I found a lovely heart border punch at the weekend, so started off the card by punching the design down the front right hand edge.

I thought I would bring  the card up to date by adding some bling so set about attaching some flowers the same colour as the background, but with different coloured sparkly centres. Some pearls and a few more sparkles dotted here and there, and a 'wedding' banner finish it off nicely.




Folksy

No comments:

Post a Comment