Sunday 3 April 2016

Sunday

Well after our very hectic day yesterday we all laid in til lunchtime!

I'd been awake since about 9 but just lazed in bed catching up on some reading until about 11.30 when I thought I had better put the chicken in the oven if we were to have a proper Sunday dinner anywhere near lunch time!

Had a lovely meal then caught up on Jenny and Rob's photos from skiing in France, and Becky and Rob's Paris photos.  

Simon took Becky and Rob back to Sheffield via Crispin Drive where he cut the grass which he'd intended doing on Saturday but couldn't due to the rain.  

I decided to use the opportunity to go for a run. It was a lovely sunny day with nothing spoiling.  When I started, I thought I wouldn't make it as far as the Co-op but I kept slow and persevered and ran a few meters further than I had last time I went out.  Was really pleased with myself and gave myself a good talking to about what we can do when we put our mind to it instead of giving up before we start.  I had two short stops on my circuit  and my goal for next time is to get it down to just the one stop.  I have a few more longer term goals but am just going to focus on one at a time at the moment.  I'm going to try to get out every other day if I can.  

Two down ...




Once Simon was home we headed back to Sheffield to take Jenny and Rob to the train station. We were ages early so stopped at Beauchief Abbey for a half an hour walk (more exercise - go me!!) and got some nice photos of the woods and Abbey.











We headed to Becky's for a quick sandwich tea and then to the station. Becky went off to meet Rob to go see The Last Shadow Puppets at Sheffield City Hall - there was a possibility of a late ticket for me but by the time Rob got to the front of the queue they had all gone. Probably for the best being that I was still dressed in me sweat pants and trainers from my run earlier :-). By all accounts it was a great gig.  I'll look forward to seeing them in July at Castlefields in Manchester with Becky though.

I was very happy to come home and took to my bed once again whilst I watched The Durrells on telly. I remember reading My Family and Other Animals years ago and really enjoying it so have been looking forward to catching the series and enjoyed the first episode very much.


No comments:

Post a Comment