Sunday 10 April 2016

Arctic Chills

I expected to wake up full of aches and pains after the walk we did yesterday, and after intending to have a long lie in, actually woke up at 7.30.

Left Becky and Rob to sleep whilst I did a bit of housework, which I'd been neglecting due to all the other stuff that has gone off this week.

Spent the afternoon at the new house. Took the paint steamer this time wow, it make much lighter work of getting rid of all that wallpaper.  So now we have 3 bedrooms and a living room stripped and ready to sand down and poly-filler.

When we finished, I was just about to get into the car when I noticed this unusual daisy on the grass verge. Never seen anything like it before and none of the other daisies around it had the same marking on it. At first I thought it was a little ladybird snuggling into the flower, so took this pic.  It was only when I zoomed in on it later on that I realised that it was part of the flower.




Went for some tea with Becky and Rob before dropping them off home - delicious pizzas with really unusual toppings. Highly recommended:


There we were, sat minding our own business when Becky spied an Arctic Monkey out of the window.  There he was!  Casually going to the corner shop for a pint of milk!  Well, we just had to didn't we? Rob and me legged it out of the restaurant and laid in wait for him to come out.  Rob (and Becky) are HUGE Arctic Monkey fans, and whilst Becky has met some of them already, Rob hadn't so we couldn't let the opportunity pass.  Not sure what Nick thought about being accosted outside of his local convenience store but he was very gracious about it all.




Brilliant end to a really great weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment