Wednesday 13 April 2016

Freedom!

So I've have finally come to the end of my working week and I start my work week off. I can't remember the last time my time off didn't involve studying for assignments.  Whilst I have one week's reading to do for Uni, my next assignment isn't due in until the beginning of May and with the end of this course in sight, I have an increasing sense of freedom!!   That said, I have a list as long as my arm of things I need to/want to/could be doing.  

Must do's are sorting out the craft cupboard downstairs and finding another home for the bits I keep. Long overdue and will make Simon very, very happy!!

We'll be spending the weekend at Crispin Drive, moving onto the next stage, which is sanding down the ceiling and woodwork.  I hope to spend a bit of time there before then if possible to strip the wallpaper off the walls in the  hall, we will see. One whole side of the wall is artexed, and after reading up on the best way to remove it discovered that pre-1980's artex was made with asbestos.  As we have no idea how long the artex has been there (it looks pretty old though), we've decided the best option is to get a plasterer in to skim the lot.  A few of the ceilings in the house are artexed too, not my choice of covering I must say, but Becky doesn't mind it, so we will just paint them. The asbestos is harmless so long as it's not disturbed by scraping so a lick of paint should suffice.

On Monday night we acquired another piece of furniture for the house, or rather three!!  Freecycle came up trumps this time and Becky found a nest of tables, free to a good home, in Chesterfield so I dutifully picked them up for her on the way home from work.  The chap who gave them to us said his father had brought them over from India many, many years ago. It's nice to know they have a little bit of history.  They need a little bit of attention and I suspect they will end up painted over some trendy colour, but I love the shape of them, especially the legs.






No comments:

Post a Comment