Wednesday 20 April 2016

Between the heart and the head

Got my assignment mark and comments back this morning.   A middling 63% which is two points more than my previous assignment which is something I guess and another pass (pass is 40%).  I'm happy enough with that.  On this module I open the comments with one eye half closed and my body language screaming 'do I really have to read this?'.   This one was more positive insofar as I finally understand where I could be doing better.  I love the case studies that we are looking at and find them fascinating, and I will never view heritage sites in the same way again.   It's the theory behind it all that I'm struggling with.  The values attributed to why a particular monument, site, or community are considered worthy of heritage.  There are so many layers to it all!   I 'get it' on an instinctive level, but trying to translate that into a workable essay is where I find it really difficult.  Hopefully now that I realise that, it's something I can focus on for my last assignment and, more importantly, the revision for my exam.

Two more weeks left of reading to do, one assignment and then revision time.  One step closer to finishing this year though ... hurrah!


2 comments:

  1. Good for you Pauline. I think you are doing great. If you ever want to chat about your work you can always pop me a message through FB. I am kind of doing that sort of thing at the moment, only related to landscapes and how people perceive them - multi-layered thing to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jo. Landscape is one of the aspects of heritage that we have touched on with this course. Fascinating stuff! That said, in 3 weeks time I'm hoping to leave it all behind xx

      Delete