Saturday 17 September 2011

We hadn't been out to celebrate Becky's GCSE success yet, so went to The Inn at Troway for tea last night.

As always, the food there is divine. We passed on starters (just as well as I couldn't move at the end of the meal) and Jenny and I opted for the goats cheese and roasted red onion hash browns with hummous and chickpea relish. Oh boy. The hash browns were to die for, and the nicest way I've seen goats cheese served yet. The humus was made with beetroot - so was bright purple and the chickpea relish complimented the rest of the meal just fine. All served on a slab of slate. Simon and Becky ordered the homemade steak burger, cheddar cheese, crispy bacon, sticky onion jam, bread cake, chips, Caesar salad.

Puddings there are always really lovely and I managed to persuade Jenny to share the apple and blackberry crumble with me. This is made for two to share, and comes with custard, clotted cream AND ice-cream. Meganom indeed. Becky had a slice of chocolate cake served with white chocolate ice-cream. The cake was a hybrid between a moose and cake texture, looked like a brown cheesecake and again, tasted heavenly. Simon had lemon creme brulee which he said was very nice.

I could hardly walk to the car by the end of the meal, and I can't remember the last time I felt so stuffed. We all like The Inn - it's only a 10 minute drive from the house, set out in the countryside on the Sheffield/Dronfield border - it's a really nice relaxed atmosphere but the food is really good quality.

Highly recommended!






Folksy

No comments:

Post a Comment