Saturday 10 September 2011

A little birdie told me ...

I had a really fun morning over at Fred Aldous in Manchester today.  I signed up for a course in screen printing run by The Ministry of Craft - which was only 3 hours long, but more than enough time to learn the basics and to make a couple of prints.

The courses are held in the basement of the building and it is so funky.  The open plan space is sectioned off into medium sized working spaces with walls made from the cardboard middles of rolls of material.  It looks so cool.  I meant to get a photo but forgot, but as I intend going back again, hopefully I will remember then.

There were 7 of us on the course - all beginners, ably taught by North West Designer Nell Smith .  The class was really relaxed and friendly and completely non-threatening.

Here's the fruit of this morning's labours!


No comments:

Post a Comment