Monday 30 March 2020

Day 6 - Sunday

I've been catching up on a bit of telly viewing the past week or so, although not as much as I expected if I'm honest.  That will probably change!

The programme that seems to be taking my friends and social media by storm is the Tiger King documentary on Netflix.  I can't believe I watched the whole series over two days.  If you've not seen it, be warned, Joe Exotic is completely self-absorbed, has little hold on reality, and has a passing resemblance to the current President of the United States.   It's a car crash of a show, but compelling viewing once you do wade in.  It's so off the wall it can only be real.

Joe Exotic


I'm pleased to see the return of Ozark.  I didn't realise there was another series coming up so was absolutely delighted.  If you've not seen it, give it a go.  It's main premise is similar-ish to Breaking Bad, though involves a whole family and how they end up in a situation where they are forced to launder money. The unfolding of how that affects the various family relationships and the journey it takes into Cartel territory is interesting. Morals are forfeited in favour of survival. 

My favourite character is Ruth, played by Julia Garner. Ruth is a tough talking trailer park girl, bright as a spark who pulls no punches when it comes to doing what has to be done. 

Of course it doesn't hurt that Jason Bateman is the lead character either.


Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment