Wednesday 25 March 2020

Day 2 of The Clampdown

Wed 25 March

Pretty quiet day all round.  Woke up late and read in bed for a while.  

Went out for another little walk around the town,  this time via Sainsburys for the bits we couldn't get yesterday.  I waited outside the shop again, whilst Simon went in.  He was successful this time so we have bread and milk again and my oh so essential mushrooms and chocolate. Thinking of sending them in to the #jackmonroelockdownlarder challenge. 

If you're not familiar, Jack Monroe is a brilliant cook, famous for making nutritious meals on a shoe string budget.  There is a veritible cacophanyof tweets on twitter at the moment due to the BBC having employed Jamie Oliver to teach those of us who haven't stockpiled enough food to last  until  Christmas,   how to stretch our food supplies.  Jack has been doing this for years, and really should have been their first port of call. She's is the beginning and end of this and an expert I tell you. An expert.

@BootstrapCook (on Twitter)

Got Simon to get the whirly clothes dryer thingywotsit out the shed where it had got well and truly wedged between the lawnmower and Joe Strimmer the other day whilst I was foraging for seed trays.  Another beautiful day and got all me tea towels hanging on the line like a row of photos in a dark room - drying out. Except its very, very sunny and err, nowt like a dark room at all.

Checked on me little loofah seeds and transferred them to the plastic bag in the hope they will start sprouting. I've already neglected them for leaving them for more than 10 - 12 hours in room temperature water.  They have heated up and cooled down and heated up again in the conservatory in this lovely weather overnight and through the morning.  Hey ho.  I'm still expecting great things.

Simon noticed that one of my seedless trays of compost was looking suspiciously damp on the top. Bloody Burdock.  I forgot she likes to pee on anything that resembles a litter tray. Into theb in that goes then.  Makeshift cat-proof defences now in place on the rest and hopefully we will soon see some little green shoots poking through the soil.  I've used the last of my compost though so will have to wait until the clampdown is lifted and the garden centre open again to get more.  My little vegetable plot is going to be VERY little at this rate.


Caught up with Jenny on Skype tonight which was lovely.  We've organised to have a Jackbox session with her and Rob, Becky and Rob and us on Saturday night. Should be fun tuning in from different houses in different parts of the country.  Hopefully we will have a few laughs which I think will do us all some good.

I'm starting to  compile a list of things I want to do when this is all over and we are free to roam again.

1.  Visit Jenny and  Rob in London

3.  Go wedding dress shopping with Becky.  Unless we have further restrictions and it gets cancelled, it looks like theirs will be one of the first weddings in Sheffield on 1st August.  She'll be needing a dress then!

2.  Visit our Eileen and give her a huge big hug

3.  Go to the John Rylands Library in Manchester. I was planning on going last Saturday before the Jesus and Mary Chain gig, before it all got cancelled. I've only seen photos but it.looks quite the building inside and out and I can't wait to go and get me some pics.

4. Big old get together with my Waster mates to celebrate life, music and friendship

5. Catch up with my ex-workmates,  I missed out on our day out as I was full of cold a couple of weeks back, and not knowing if it was the dreaded virus or not thought it best to keep my distance. It will be so lovely to see them all again.

6 Go to a gig. Any gig!  Though possibly the Rifles gig which is rescheduled for mid August - please God we are free by then!

I'll be adding to the list as I start missing more and more things I guess!










No comments:

Post a Comment