Sunday 1 July 2012

Sunday

Spent most of the morning and early afternoon cooking. We intended going out for a walk into Derbyshire around 4pm (weather permitting) so I decided that I needed to make the lasagne for tea early and ready just to heat up for when we got back.

Well, one thing led to another, and I had some avocados to use up - so the first thing I did was pull up a recipe for guacamole that I'd found recently.

I've never tried making it before but was really pleased with the results, so much that I had half of it for lunch. Healthy and raw! I'll get there in the end!!


Ingredients

  • 2 ripe avocados
  • 1/2 red onion,finely chopped
  • 1 tsp chili (I used another frozen chili cube!)
  • 2 tablespoonsCoriander
  • 1 tablespoon of fresh lime or lemon juice
  • Salt to taste
  • 1/2 ripe tomato
How To Do

Cut avocados in half. Remove seed. Scoop out avacado from the peel, put in a mixing bowl. 
Mash the avocado with a fork
Add the chopped onion, coriander, lime juice, chili and salt  and mash some more.
Keep the tomato separate until ready to serve.
Remember that much of this is done to taste because of the variability in the fresh ingredients. Start with this recipe and adjust to your taste.
Pop in a dish with an airtight lid and put in fridge until you need it.
Just before serving, add the chopped tomato to the guacamole and mix.

I got a bit carried away and also a made a huge pan full of butternut squash and red pepper soup (thats lunches for me and Jenny sorted for the next few days) and some stuffed peppers.  Finally the thing I set out to do, I made the lasagnes!  A meat version and a veggie version. As I'm trying to stay away from dairy food, the stuffed peppers are for my tea which I might serve with the rest of the guacamole from earlier, and the veggie lasagne will do Jenny for tea today and tomorrow.

Oooh I feel all organised now!


No comments:

Post a Comment