Sunday 5 April 2020

13

Today has been a good day on the back of a couple of bad days. I am so, so, grateful for the those who got in touch to check in with me, and for sharing some great listening party music sessions on Facebook last night which helped to divert my attention from the awfulness that is happening 'out there'.

So today we started off by tidying up the garden and ended up digging up a whole flower bed to convert into a vegetable plot.  Still a bit of work to do clearing a few plants and digging out roots and digging the plot over but the weather forecast for the next few days is cracking so I shall be out there in the morning to do a bit more.  There is nothing like getting immersed in some physical activity to pull you out of your own head.

I checked in on my loofah seeds and 7 of them have sprouted roots! How exciting!  That means something like 15 of them needed to go back into isolation for a bit longer, but I planted the others and will be sat with my fingers, toes and eyes crossed for the next few days to see if they take in the potting compost.  Wish me luck!

Spent the evening with another couple of listening sessions on Facebook. The first was Dave Sharp who shared some footage of a gig from Strummer Camp from a few years back. It's been a while since I saw or played any of his music so was nice to listen in for a short while.

The highlight of the night though was Jesse Malin's The Fine Art of Self Distancing party from New York which went live last night, so I got it on catch up. It's a long session but a good one to dip in and out of.  He is so entertaining and funny and his banter in between songs is hilarious and informative.  I'm not sure how long the link will be up onYoutube but hopefully it's here below for you for a while.



No comments:

Post a Comment