Thursday 11 April 2019

It's been a wee while ...

... hasn't it!  I suppose like the rest of us, life has gotten in the way over the past year and a half, and I've not had the time nor the inclination to blog.  Mostly due to going into my final year of my degree - which is now well past me, having graduated back in September, but boy was it a stressful year.   Which isn't to say that I didn't find it enjoyable, informative or interesting. The knowledge I amassed has been fantastic, but I'm glad I'm this side of it all now.

I'd like to say that things have calmed down since, but I think after six years of study, it's taken me until now to decompress from it all.  I've found it really hard to get back into any sort of groove, especially on my weeks off.  It's not like I don't have lots that I can be doing, or even want to do. I have a list as long as me arm of projects that I want to get stuck in to.  It's just the motivating that's been lacking. I think I'm coming out of the other end of the tunnel now though, less mornings spent in bed, and starting to pick up the pace again.

On the plus side, since I last blogged, both girls have got engaged and are planning their weddings to their respective Robs.  Jenny and Rob get married this August, in the beautiful hills of Dovedale. We are all well immersed in preparations and pulling it all together at the moment, and its great because we get to see lots of Jenny and Rob with their frequent visits here for cake and pizza tasting and meeting the different people involved in the various components of their big day.  Becky and Rob are tying the knot in August 2020 in Sheffield and are also making great strides with their wedding preps.  I'm sure I will be  blogging much, much more about both in the coming months.

Sadly neither are planning on having Batman at their wedding, well, not to their knowledge anyway, mwa ha ha.  But how good would that be?  I wonder if Simon fancies renewing our vows? 




No comments:

Post a Comment