Saturday 16 July 2016

Holidays at last!

After 3 months of work, study and house renovation we are finally on a week's holiday. I guess we could have chosen anywhere. A last minute break in Italy, Spain or the English Lake District did appeal but when I cleared my head and listened to my inner voice I was longing for some North Yorkshire countryside. No idea why but driving over to Wensleydale/Coverdale I was getting the big feels in my tummy which I'm taking as a good sign.

The non-working  'farm' cottage we have rented is delightful. Just the right size for the two of us although it sleeps 4. With a beautiful small entrance conservatory with stunning views over the nearby hills we're already planning our first trek from here.

This weekend there is a Steam Rally just down the road and we passed a few vintage lorries and tractors on the way here who were signing out for the night. I think that will be tomorrow's excursion. Hopefully it will include a beer tent :-)

Simon, who apparently can't live without music,  cough,  has bought some ipod shuffles each containing various play lists. Tonight we're  chilling listening to Bruce Springsteen on shuffle and demolishing the 3 bottles of wine we picked up en route.

Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment