Tuesday 2 July 2013

Now for the fiddly bit

Next I had to remove the backing paper from the trunk and each leaf - time consuming and fiddly but part of the process.  I then ironed everything into place using a dry tea towel between the design and iron to stop the pieces from sticking to the bottom of the iron.   I tentatively pulled the tea towel back sure that I had misplaced some leaves, but thankfully everything was where it was supposed to be.

So, now I have my design on my backing material. 


Time to get the sewing machine out!


4 comments:

  1. I use baking parchment between the iron and my work - means the glue won't seep out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the colours and it does look like you achieved a nice balance as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete