Monday 12 December 2011

With bells on!

Mary at work set me the challenge of making her a card hanger to go along a wooden beam which spans her living room ceiling. At 11 feet long it was going to be a bit of a task, and I wasn't sure how to approach it at first.  I decided to make some Christmas bunting using red bias binding folded in half and some fat quarters of christmas material that I bought a few years back.  I got some small gold pegs off ebay which are perfect for hanging the cards onto.  Finally, whilst in Hobbycraft last week I saw some tiny gold bells which would make the perfect finishing touch for the points of the flags.

I'd cut all the pieces out a couple of weeks back, and damn and blast my sewing machine wouldn't work.  I had another go tonight and managed to coax just enough life out of the machine to get it finished. It's not perfect but not too bad as a prototype I thought.

Hope Mary likes it!



Folksy

2 comments:

  1. My sewing machine decided to throw a wobbly the other week. Got it working but not sure if it is still a bit doddery or the oil is working its way through. Would be an American machine though wouldn't it, which makes getting it fixed a little more tricky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo - I'm hoping that box sat in the corner of my living room is a new sewing machine for Christmas ;-)

    ReplyDelete