Sunday 28 August 2011

Jenny's Room

Feeling really pleased with myself having finished Jenny's room whilst she's been away.  I've not been feeling too good over the past few days, but had to get it finished  while she was in Llandudno, so just had to grit my teeth and get on with it.

Anyway - apart from a disasterous bit of stencilling, which I've now painted over - it all went rather well.   She has her new bed and her new bookcases.  Just a new wardrobe to get next - she needs more clothes space so we were intending on getting a new wardrobe anyway, but I kind of demolished the old one a little bit when I was trying to move it to paint the walls.  It's still standing, but only just!

She needs to move all of her things back in out of the conservatory - I'd have done it for her, but she will know what things she wants where better than me so thought that was a job best done for her.  It'll be nice to have the conservatory back once again though. 

She also has a few pictures to put up on the walls to make it look a bit more homely too - and we're going to get some decals to brighten up the wall next to her bed.  But it's all done bar the shouting now.

So all done, and also a nice presentable guest room for when Jenny is at university. 

Oh, and she's really pleased with it too, so that makes it all worthwhile!

Here's a couple of piccies.

A nice new bed - much more user friendly than the high bed she used to have

Looking forward to seeing all her books on the shelves!

No comments:

Post a Comment