Thursday 7 July 2011

Well ...

today has been a constructive day. Had a good chat with my boss and I will definitely be leaving Gastro.  I'll be sad to leave the team -they've all been really great to work with and very supportive over the last year or so. I am however glad that I can stay at the hospital but move on to something new.  So I'm relieved and happy that there is a way forward.  I popped in to let the Gastro girls know my news and I'll make sure to stay in touch and pop back to see them often.

It was also Becky's Prom night tonight - so once I got home it was a quick turn around to get her up to Joanne's house where they were all being picked up by limo.  Becky had spent some of her hard earned cash on a bottle of champagne and a bottle of Bucks Fizz which we opened for them before the limo arrived. I'm not convinced any of them actually liked the taste of the champers, but it made for a nice photo and it was a nice gesture on Becky's behalf.

Times like this make me very proud of my girls. It does make me sit and reflect on how lucky we are to have two such lovely daughters.  I'm very proud of them both.  It does make me feel old though. It's incredible to think that Becky has finished school now and goes into 6th Form next year.  In 2 short years she will be zipping off to University and our little house will empty save for Simon and myself and how strange will that feel?

Here she is with her friends in all  their Prom glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment