Wednesday 27 October 2010

Walking the Streets

Well, in between our fabulous walks out in the countryside, and purely for fresh air and exercise, I regularly spend an hour following circular routes around the town.  Despite the urban landscape these short walks can be as interesting as our weekend treks.

Today I set off for an hours walk, armed with my camera, ready to capture some of the wonderful autumnal colours that nature has let loose for us this month.  Sadly I had left my memory card sat next to my laptop on the kitchen table, and the camera's internal memory was full, so I wasn't able to take any pictures.

Now if I  had remembered to put my memory card back in the camera, I would have taken a photograph of a pair of wrought iron gates, fashioned to look like cobwebs.  With halloween just around the corner, that would have been very appropriate.

Further along the road, I saw a solitary, proper old fashioned walking boot, sat on the wall of one of the houses.  That in itself was strange, and made me wonder how the heck it got there, who did it belong to and where on earth was it's partner?

A few houses away, the owners were renovating their property.  Their front garden was host to a number of skips and a pile of wooden pallets.  Atop the pallets was a sign that read 'Pallets - free to a good Bonfire'.
Freebies - it's not often you see them now is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment