Tuesday 17 August 2010

I've Won!!

How exciting!  I knew all this walking would pay off eventually!!

Some weeks ago I registered with Active Travel Challenge. This is a Derbyshire-wide initiative for companies and employees throughout the region to register their intention to become more active. I decided I would park the car at the bottom of the hill every morning and do the hour round journey to the hospital and back to the car every day.

Ha!! That didn't last very long - getting up at 6.30 is bad enough without having to set the clock even half an hour earlier, and by the time I got home at lunchtime I felt like I'd put in a day and a half.  Not to be deterred, I've been walking most days elsewhere and been logging them all on the site here: http://www.activetravelchallenge.org.uk/

So in 7 weeks I've walked 57 miles, burnt 1,800 calories and saved 18kg of C02.

Sadly there are only 15 days left of the challenge, but I do hope they extend it.

Oh yes, my prize - coffee and cake for 2 at Fresh Basil in Belper.  http://www.freshbasil.co.uk/eaterie.htm



I don't think I've ever been to Belper before, so that's a good excuse to find a nice walk which ends up in a nice little coffee* shop.










* Not a fan of coffee but I'm hoping they will give me a hot chocolate in lieu.

6 comments:

  1. great.
    i'm one of your biggest fans...you know that, don't you..
    i'd walk miles for a bit of cake too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that's not true Pauline, I'm a fan of you as well. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Pauline, I'm a fan too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Val - glad it's working now.

    ReplyDelete