Thursday 20 May 2010

It's all gone a bit Gerald Durrell


It appears I wasn't the only one pulling an all nighter last night.



After a very late night surfing to distract me from some tummy ache I finally climbed wearily back into my bed at around 4am this morning, looking forward to getting a couple of hours of shut eye before having to be up for work. Just as I was dropping off what sounded like the whole of the feathered cast of Alfred Hitchcock's 'The Birds' decided to have a party outside my bedroom window. I opened one eye just a bit to see if the celebrations were due to the sun putting in an appearance, but no, it was still pitch black out there. I was just about to cover my head and ears with my pillow when I realised, that actually, it sounded quite lovely and soothing.


Their premature saluations to the Sun God lasted about an hour. They had my attention now, with only the occasional distraction of the soft snoring of my other half. I played 'see how many different bird sounds I can hear' before finally dropping off to sleep.


I woke again with the sun sometime after 5.00 - when there was only the gentle 'coo coo' of a solitary pigeon to be heard. I reckon the other birds had decided to quit this crazy scene and go find some breakfast.


Needless to say I'm now completely trashed. But it was worth it.




No comments:

Post a Comment